Monday, October 19, 2009

Shutterbug


I learned how to use a camera, develop my own film, and print in a darkroom in high school. I got my first camera then too (
a Pentax that looked very close to this adorable ring) and spent a lot of time roaming around shooting images.

I also spent a lot of my teen years in a dark room. Alone. Just me and my boombox. No wonder i'm a bit of a loner. One that could kick your arse in "name that tune" the early 90's version.

I believe that means I must own it, yes?

Camera Ring
by The Dainty Squid
$8.00
at Shanalogic.com

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:24 PM

    I love it, and so you!

    You know, my father was a photographer and I spent much of my youth in a dark room while he worked. Could that explain why I'm such a loner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well could be. I believe it is a huge reason i'm a loner. I loved being in there with my music and thoughts and watching images show up on the paper. Like magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I spent a lot of time in the darkroom, too, but I've never been called a loner. hahaha

    This is cute, too!
    http://shanalogic.com/item.php?item_id=1940

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are me! Or I was you! Pentax K1000 - darkroom. Only difference is that I was singing 80's.

    ReplyDelete